1. Drinking a glass of milk is an easy way to get your last serving of dairy and finish your day with an extra boost of nutrients. Did you know that one 8 oz. glass of milk contains 8 grams of protein? Why is that important? Read on:
2. Milk actually contains two types of proteins: whey and casein. The whey goes to your muscles right away and provides instant satisfaction, which stops hunger. The casein is slowly released to help muscles, cells and hormones while you sleep.
3. The protein in milk also is a source of tryptophan (yes, just like in turkey!), which can cause a calming effect that can help you fall asleep – especially if you drink milk on an empty stomach.
4. Another benefit of dairy is that it can help you feel satisfied longer between meals. This means that you may be less likely to indulge in other snacks before bed.
5. Lastly, milk has nine essential nutrients, including calcium, which help with bone growth and muscle contraction.