- 1 box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ lb. reduced-sodium sliced deli chicken breast
- ¼ lb. reduced-sodium sliced deli black forest ham
- 10 slices reduced-fat natural Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread out the two sheets of puff pastry and smear both of them with the mustard.
- Across each sheet, layer the chicken breast, ham, and Swiss cheese. Now place one of the layered squares of puff pastry onto the other. Fold the stack in half, on top of itself. Using a sharp knife, cut into 24 equal squares.
- Nestle each square into a cupcake tin with liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Tips/Tricks - Note with alterations the nutritional values will be affected, including lactose content
**Assemble up to 6 hours in advance and keep in the fridge; bake just before serving.
**For a lighter option you can substitute phyllo dough for puff pastry. Brush the dough with melted butter and layer 3 sheets together. Assemble exactly the same way this recipe has directed and bake according to package directions.
**For a vegetarian option, omit the deli meat and substitute with thinly sliced asparagus, fresh spinach, roasted peppers, or any other vegetables.