- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups fat-free or low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla bean low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or substitute with simple syrup)
- 1 cup (more or less as needed) ice cubes
Remove flesh from avocado, cut into coarse chunks, place into blender along with mango, milk, yogurt, mint, lime juice and zest, agave syrup and ice cubes. Process until smooth. Pour smoothie into tall glasses and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Anderson - Eagle, ID. GRAND PRIZE WINNER of The National "got milk?"® "Ultimate" smoothie recipe contest.