- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pound chicken breasts to 1-inch thickness; coat each with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place chickens breasts In a 9-inch x 13-inch casserole dish; bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
4. Pour mushroom gravy over chicken, top each with 1 slice of cheese; bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To make mushroom gravy:
1. In a medium sauce pan, cook mushrooms in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
2. Add garlic powder and water and bring to a boil over high heat; whisk in gravy mix. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until gravy is smooth.
Tip: Substitute white button or other mushroom varieties for portabella.