- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, with seeds, mince
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus 4 sprigs for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cabot 50% Light Jalapeño Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Cabot No Fat Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place corn tortillas on baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp. Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Once hot, sauté zucchini, tomatoes, onion, peppers, corn and scallion for 4 minutes. Drain excess liquids through a mesh strainer. Return vegetables to pan. Stir in cilantro and salt. Onto each of 4 baked tortillas, sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the cheese and 1/8 of vegetable mixture. Top each with another baked tortilla. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and vegetable mixture. Top with remaining baked tortillas. Serve each "tower" with 1 tablespoon sour cream, and if desired, fresh cilantro.
Timesaving tip: Chop veggies in advance and refrigerate up to 3 days.