- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 28-ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium skillet, cook ground turkey in water for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
3. In a medium microwave-safe dish, cover squash with a damp paper towel. Cook on high power for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add turkey, rice, diced tomatoes with juice, salt, and Provolone cheese to squash; toss to combine.
5. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese; bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Tip: Rice mixture is ideal for stuffing bell peppers. Simply cut the pepper in half, remove core, and stuff each half with 1/2-cup of rice mixture. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until pepper is tender.
Saturated Fat 3g 15 %
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%